U of I @ 1871 Usage Policy
Please review before submitting an application and space request.
- To reserve the space, a user must be a current University of Illinois student, faculty, or staff member. This does not apply to your guests, should you choose to bring any.
- Per the agreement with 1871, only six people (approved user + five guests) may be on the premises at any one time.
- The approved user may reserve the room for up to four hours per day for a maximum of two times per week, unless given express permission by the Room Administrator.
- Before submitting a space request, first-time users must complete a User Application Form. This form only needs to be completed once and after approval, room requests can be submitted using the Space Request Form.
- Approved users can reserve a desk in the U of I Shared Co-Working Space or the full room during the reserved time block. Unused spots will remain open for others to reserve as well during that time block.
- Users may not use the U of I Co-Working Space or take advantage of any 1871 amenities until they have been approved and receive a space confirmation. This includes the U of I Shared Co-Working Space as well as the open area tables and desks. Utilizing this space without proper permission may result in room access being revoked. Please follow this rule to ensure that everyone has equal access to the space.
- U of I’s 1871 space is available for use seven days a week. Once a space request is approved, users will receive instructions on how to access the keycard during the designated time slot.
- Users are responsible for returning the keycard upon leaving. We reserve the right to charge a $20 fee for any lost or stolen 1871 keycards.
- It is the responsibility of all those reserving the room to respectfully work together to keep the space clean and orderly. This means properly disposing of any food or trash, clearing the whiteboard, turning off the lights, and sharing access to workspaces and conference rooms.
- All students, faculty, and staff (and guests) are expected to adhere to the above mentioned policies, as well as any other policies set forth by the University of Illinois, including but not limited to the Code of Conduct for executive officers, faculty and staff.
- The Office of the Vice President for Research manages the University’s 1871 membership and reserves the right to revoke access to any individual or group not adhering to the policies stated here.
Please contact the Room Administrator at 1871Chicago@mx.uillinois.edu if you encounter any problems or difficulties utilizing the space